I loved the "I Spy" books as a kid. You seek for requested items among chaos. The pages were artistic to me despite the complete, utter mess. Being intuitive seems somewhat like a game of I spy. You keep eyes open among the chaos of life to see how you are going to get to the next page. Life is hard to predict and plan for, because of the constant barrage of possibilities and change in circumstances. Intuition through spirituality may be a way to get ahead.
Einstein said, “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.” We observe with a mixture of the rational and intuitive mind. This data is received as an “impression“ or a “feeling“. For me it’s like the eyes and thoughts are magnets and certain images, people, places, etc. have a noticeable pull, attraction, or magnetism. The rational mind helps sort out if it's a trigger from personal history or something worth investigating.
For many years I easily dismissed my intuitive feelings, because I could not imagine the connection but later noticed one. I began to act on it. I didn’t need to know why, because I trusted I’d figure out the reason later. Now, I refined the skill. I can feel energetic blockages/imbalances in the body of my clients, and that helps me assess what strategies to use to help them feel better. My particular skill is called medical qigong or reiki. Medical qigong is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Reiki originated from Japan. Besides the obvious differences they are similar. Both help improve overall well-being in practitioners and clients with or without physical touch.
I held back a lot because of a social stigma around intuition, spirituality, and the ability to “sense“ energy. I heard the term “woo woo”, referring to the lack of scientific evidence as well as people’s skepticism. As I refined my skills of spirituality and intuition I was given opportunities to work with others, and that is what helped me move forward. As I built my concrete experience the explanation became less important, because I could clearly see this is helping people.
HOW TO STRENGTHEN INTUITION
- Use intuition for the betterment of humanity and life. Trust yourself and your connection to your spirituality. This may be God, Jesus, an angel, a spirit guide, or just the future you. Why am I connecting spirituality and intuition? Refining a skill takes action, and intuition is no different. You must trust yourself first to take action. Feeling connected to something larger than you helps bolster trust and the intention for the greater good.
- If you have an intuitive impression, meaning it stands out to you more than other thoughts or images, write it down. Include time and date. I think of the five W’s; Who, what, when, where, why. Be patience and remain aware for confirmation.
- With dreams, add details like the emotions or overall feelings. When I first began refining my intuition, and it involved somebody I trusted I tested it. I asked if they would humor my intuition test and what came through. Sometimes my intuition was onto something and got my confirmation. Such as they just spoke my name or someone asked about me. I have accurately confirmed the gender of babies, breast cancer, and breakups. There were times it was a dead end or received negative feedback but those were rare. Dreams have come true sometimes months to years later or within days. The point is do not judge, and watch out for "biased confirmation". Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that affirms one's prior beliefs or hypotheses.
- What I personally noticed is intuition is linked to emotions. I am emotionally connected to my friends and family, which I have the most intuition with. Also, I have pulled strong emotions off strangers, such as hostility. I have felt the pain that is localized in clients. For example, pain radiating down the thumb due to a previous wrist injury. It may be uncomfortable but just think you are picking it up because they are open to relief.
- How can you refine your skills? Quiet the mind with four-count breaths. Notice the change in your mindset and body. Exchange tension for calm relaxation. The internal systems in the body work better in a relaxed state. Then ask yourself what you are seeking. It could be about a pivotal stage in your life or something trivial. Again the stronger the emotion is the more likely you'll be able to pick something up. Try different environments, times of day, etc. My grandfather, Sammy Muscatello, asked right before bed. He knew he was highly suggestible in the twilight stage of sleep. He said it takes patience to get the answers. Answers may come immediately, in a dream, or during waking hours.
I loved the "I Spy" books as a kid. You seek for requested items among chaos. The pages somehow artistic despite the complete, utter mess. Being intuitive seems somewhat like a game of I spy.
You keep eyes open among the chaos of life to see how you are going to get to the next page. Life is hard to predict and plan for, because of the constant barrage of possibilities and change in circumstances. Intuition through spirituality may be a way to get ahead.
If this article intrigued you or you are interested in practicing qigong, visit my other platforms,
Here I will show you some qigong exercises for certain parts of the body. Subscribe to the email list to receive more articles.